Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Rice Cereal

This week Isabel was introduced to solid food. We have been trying to give her rice cereal mixed with my milk, but so far it's been sort of a failure. She doesn't like it at all. She isn't even interested in playing with it! We've tried a bottle, but it didn't flow. We tried our fingers, but as soon as she tasted them, she refused to keep sucking on them. She likes to suck on my arm when I carry her, so I even tried putting some there when she wasn't looking, and when she tasted it, again she stopped sucking on it. It's like a good thumb-sucker stopper! We tried giving her a spoon for play, even an extra bowl. I showed her how to play with it, and she looked at me nauseated with the spoon immobile in hand. I spilled some of it on her tray, showed her how to play with my finger. She didn't even try to TOUCH it! We tried in the morning, in the afternoon, at noon, hungry, full, medium hungry. All right, she doesn't like it.
So we've decided to keep trying once in a while, but really we've set our hopes on next week's banana. Here are some pictures of her very first experience, which was a little lame but not quite as disastrous as the next ones.
 


1 comment: